Part-Time Clothing Processor
Are you a fashion lover who wants to make a difference in the community? Philly AIDS Thrift, a nonprofit thrift store that benefits over 30 HIV/AIDS service organizations, is hiring a Part-Time Clothing Processor.
Part-time position: sorting, pricing, and merchandising donated clothing and accessories. Instructing and delegating tasks to volunteers. Includes evening and weekend hours.
Primary job responsibilities include:
– Sorting donated clothing and accessories
– Assigning appropriate prices to items being sold and researching current resale prices
– Hanging and merchandising clothing and accessories throughout the store
– Monitoring clothing racks to ensure they are neat and adequately filled
– Training and delegating tasks to individual volunteers as well as larger groups
– Awareness and interest in clothing brands, styles and materials, past to present
– Retail, fashion or textile experience a plus
The Clothing Processor should possess the following skills:
– Ability to learn resale prices of a variety of clothing brands, distinguish fast fashion from designer brands and identify vintage clothing
– Self-motivated, organized and able to work independently and as part of a team
– Must be able to work with diverse individuals and personalities
– Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Experience working in a nonprofit setting, a sense of creativity, and a passion for our mission are major pluses!
Hourly wage starts at $13.50. Looking to hire ASAP.
Interested applicants should send resume to PAThriftJobs@gmail.com
No Phone Calls or Walk-Ins Please.