Philadelphia AIDS Thrift
Supporting HIV/AIDS Services across the Delaware Valley
2017 GRANT APPLICATION
Philadelphia AIDS Thrift is incorporated in Pennsylvania as a non-profit business and a federally recognized 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization. Our goal is to sell the lovely, useful, interesting, amusing, and sometimes mysterious stuff generous people donate to our thrift store and then distribute the proceeds to local organizations involved in the fight against HIV/AIDS. Our current main beneficiary is the AIDS Fund. The AIDS Fund distributes money to nineteen AIDS Service Organizations in the five-county Philadelphia region.
In 2014, the Board of Directors approved a new grant making process to distribute an additional set amount of funds each year to HIV/AIDS Service Organizations that apply for funding. Please read the guidelines below for information on how to apply for the 2017 grant cycle.
- Grant requests must be for direct services for adults and children infected and affected by HIV/AIDS
- Organization must be a non-profit (or sponsored by a non-profit organization)
- Organization and/or service must be located in the Delaware Valley (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and/or Philadelphia counties as well as the Camden, Gloucester, and Burlington counties in New Jersey, and New Castle County in Delaware)
- Grants awards range from $1,500 to $10,000 with an average award of $5,000
- Applicants are limited to one proposal at a time, and if chosen, may only receive one grant per calendar year
- Normally excluded for consideration are: capital campaigns, salaries/benefits, and requests for new building construction
Proposals will be accepted for this grants cycle between October 1, 2017 and
November 30 December 8, 2017.
Complete proposals will be reviewed by the Philadelphia AIDS Thrift Funding Committee in December. Awards will be announced by January 31, 2018.
The 2017 Grant Application process opens on October 1, 2017. Create an account to apply and submit all your materials online. If you created an account for last year’s cycle, you may use the same username and password. If you can’t remember your password from last year, use the “Lost Your Password?” feature and you’ll receive a link to create a new password at the email address associated with the account. If you no longer have access to that email address or if you can’t remember your username, just create a brand new account. It won’t cause any problems.
Information Necessary for a Complete Proposal:
Failure to include all required documents will result in an incomplete proposal. Incomplete proposals are ineligible for funding by Philadelphia AIDS Thrift.
I. Application Form:
1. Complete all fields on the online application form, and submit the form when complete.
II. Required Supporting Materials:
1. Your current 990 IRS Form (required). [Optional: most recent fiscal year’s audit.] Financials must be up to date.
2. Your most current tax determination letter.
3. Your strategic plan document, if you have one.
If you are using another 501(c)(3) non-profit organization as a sponsor you must include a letter from that organization outlining said agreement as well as a copy of their most current tax determination letter.